Tuesday, 17 June 2008

Not another one...

Oh God, another blog by a manic depressive. I'm only doing it because I can't sleep.

Let's just get the medical bit out of the way: rapid cycling, mixed state, psychosis, the usual. Currently on Valproate. Stopped seeing and hearing things of late, but my head hurts like the devil.

An obscurant's biography: been with the same girl for eighteen years, married the last ten, three boys, 5, 3 and 6 months. Ran my own business (a rare little niche), was doing ok. Knew when to take time out, etc. Then last July nearly killed myself on the spur of the moment. Managed to struggle through until the last boy born, then my head exploded, basically.

The men in the white coats were duly called. Since then, life has become rather strange. Not because of this condition, illness, heritage, whatever you want to call it, but rather for the way the professionals treat me as if I shouldn't be exposed to normal risks, like driving for instance. I'm no different really to how I've been on and off over the last 20 years.

Edit: that last is a lie. I've got worse.

1 comment:

Terra Incognita said...

Well, hey, there's always room for one more blog. I'll scooch over and make room for you. So get cozy, won't you?
We mad hatters got to stick together.
I'm sorry your head exploded. I know how that feels. Not fun. But I'm glad you're still here. And now I get to read more of your "story".
HUGS
Terra