Sunday, 5 October 2008

Culture

"When I hear the word 'culture' I reach for my revolver." Was it Goering said that? I can't remember. However, I know the quote, and can fire off an attribution. Whoever it was though, was wrong.

Culture is the finest mould that ever grew on the human condition. If we think of how hard, materially, it is for a 'culture' to develop 'Culture' - how many fields of wheat, how many dead - then we start to realise just how much literal blood, sweat and tears has been invested in the dying flower that we call, even now, 'culture'.

God died a long time ago. The only spirituality that still resonates resides in the conscience. Culture is the language of conscience.

Culture is a toolbox for the expression of ideas, concepts, and the actuation of doing good to others. It is also more than that.

Culture is the aspiration of humankind to become better.

Culture is dead.

No comments: