Saturday, 15 November 2008

So...

This blog is supposed to be about mental health? Wrong. This blog is about whatever I like. I don't have any problem with that. Why do people obsess over these things?

As for health, very quick update - head is ok, though careering off the walls a little. Pukey shitey virus has gone away mostly, though bowels are a trifle unsteady (I knew you'd all relish that nugget of information - ah, a nugget, a nugget, my kingdom for a nugget...)

Still no news from the wankers at the DVLA. Still endless struggles with the IB and the IS and HMRC.

Want to run off over the fields but know (from past experience) that all one finds are more dark muddy fields. Christ I wish I lived in a city. I hate them too, by the way. Nasty smelly places full of people to fight with. But here it's just rabbits screaming their death-throes in the dead of night. IF YOU'RE LUCKY!!!!

The stuff I used to do in an hour takes a day or two. With tears and rages. It's getting a damn sight better now I'm not taking the pills. I have to keep an eye on myself though.

Interestingly, what effect does being effectively segregated in the middle of the howling mud have on someone who used to be all over the country working, in meetings, etc? Drives me fucking insane to be honest. Have a little spell of doolally, get shopped to the idiots in the white coats, and then they do their utter damnednest to drive me insane! It's driving me nuts!

5 comments:

Marian said...

Go for it! I think, whatever one likes is what all blogs should be about. Lately, I felt an almost irresistible urge to share the recipe for my favourite pizza base with my readers. Ehem, yah. Me, who loathes all these cooking-knitting-macramé-blogs.

I haven't had the guts to do it yet. 'What will they say???'

Abysmal Musings said...

go for it! my favourite pizza base...

1 lb strong white flour
1 sachet quick yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
enough water to make a stiff dough

mix, knead let rise, knock back, make 4 delicious pizzas!!!

:-)

Abysmal Musings said...

Oh dear, I forgot toppings...

for the quantity stated above:

1/2 lb tomatoes (fresh, not tinned) chopped
some garlic (about two big french cloves or six of those silly little ones)
2 mozzarellas
about 12 slices of salami of choice ripped up
herbs
black pepper
splash of olive oil

gas mark 8, 20 - 30 minutes, depending on your oven

and one little tip - I find a wet topping is great if you want thin and crispy, a drier topping if you want 'deep-pan'... (I did work in a pizza restaurant for a while, not that I learnt that there...)

Marian said...

O.k., I'll take up this challenge, later today, on my blog. Yep.

And, yummy, I'll try out yours next time pizza is on the menu. Thanks for the recipe! :)

Abysmal Musings said...

Oy! Where's the recipe? :-)

On a serious note, I'd be happy if anyone wants to use any of the comments on here as a place to spout off about anything, no matter how irrelevant. Have a party here if you want. I would like this blog to be a hospitable place - like our house.

Take care all.