Friday, 19 December 2008

Disorder of the Day

Just been over at Lola Snow's who has been talking about personality disorder, with a lovely little test. Go and read it, it's far more entertaining and witty than what's below.

Results:

Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Very High
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: High
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

Strange. I had to go and look up Schizotypal Personality Disorder as you do, cos the results were telling me to.

Ok: symptoms:
  1. Ideas of reference (excluding delusions of reference) - NOPE
  2. Odd beliefs or magical thinking that influences behavior and is inconsistent with subcultural norms (e.g., superstitiousness, belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, or "sixth sense"; in children and adolescents, bizarre fantasies or preoccupations) NOPE
  3. Unusual perceptual experiences, including bodily illusions FORMER YES, LATTER NOPE
  4. Odd thinking and speech (e.g., vague, circumstantial, metaphorical, overelaborate, or stereotyped) SOME THAT INHABIT THIS WHIRLING SOD OF EARTH MIGHT BIND MY LINEAMENTS THUS.
  5. Suspiciousness or paranoid ideation NOPE.
  6. Inappropriate or constricted affect DEPENDS IF MANIC OR DEPRESSED OR BOTH
  7. Behavior or appearance that is odd, eccentric, or peculiar SEE ABOVE
  8. Lack of close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives NOPE
  9. Social anxiety that tends to be associated with paranoid fears rather than negative judgments about self MAYBE
Ok, so out of 9 we have 4 definite NOPES, 1 definite MAYBE, 3 MAYBEs that are easily explained by the manic-depression, and 1 PROBABLE.

I don't think it seems so likely. Silly online tests. The other week when I was flying, I took a mania evaluation, and went nearly off the scale. For the sake of amusement I asked my wife to try it. She was almost in the severely manic category. I reckon the psych who drew it up had never tried bringing up three small kids - you HAVE to be somewhat manic, else they'll devour you bone and sinew, and slurp your brains for pudding. Point is though, the test was at least 1 1/2 categories skewed towards the severe end. You could feel a bit flustered I reckon, take that test, and worry you needed hospitalisation.

3 comments:

Ana said...

I think I must cross the street and go to the mental institution in front of my house:

Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Moderate
Dependent: Moderate
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate

Only one "low"?
Scary! lol
I've finished 20 year of psychoanalysis this year. I believe I have to find another therapist.
Is it possible to have low on everything? hahaha

Gaining Back My Life said...

Don't feel too bad...you could be where I am:

Paranoid: Very High click for info
Schizoid: Low click for info
Schizotypal: High click for info
Antisocial: Low click for info
Borderline: Very High click for info
Histrionic: Moderate click for info
Narcissistic: High click for info
Avoidant: Very High click for info
Dependent: Very High click for info
Obsessive-Compulsive: High click for info

Lola Snow said...

Ah, clearly you are not trying hard enough!!!! Thanks for the shoutout by the way!