Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Sleep sleep sleep

Haven't been getting enough. About 8 hours in the last 72. I feel okayish. Not flying at all. Just very very awake, alert, and have a strange feeling of expectancy. It feels as if I'm waiting for something that I've forgotten about. Have had a few moments over the last few days where everything in my immediate environment seems far too stimulating - have needed to keep getting some peace and quiet to calm down and get it under control. My senses are fizzing over, but my thoughts aren't racing. I've only done a little bit of tap-dancing in the garden in the night-time. I think I should try digging the garden tomorrow. Try and tire myself out. Some old fashioned hard labour might do the trick. I'm getting the old top-of-the-head-peeled off sensations quite badly recently. Not a good sign. Ok. Time to twiddle my thumbs in the dark staring at the ceiling again. Keep safe everyone.

4 comments:

la said...

If it helps, you're not alone.

Dr. Liz Miller said...

Hi
Sleep can be tricky!! exercise is great - I didn't run yesterday, which is one of the reasons I am wide awake.

What is on your mind, there is always something that upsets the inner peace. Even if you do not think it is too significant, it may be.

I am upset by what the General Medical Council is doing to my best friend and partner. I will not let the GMC make me ill, just plan the next stage. Revenge is a best drunk cold, ice cold.

la said...

Like revenge, I am also an ice cold drunk. It's below freezing here at night.

(the word verification is 'uplurliz' - no foolin)

Abysmal Musings said...

Hic! Brrrrrrr!