Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Temporary Miserable Moribundity

But I know tomorrow is another day.......

And it will arrive.

There is always another day, until there is no other day, and inshallah that will be out of my hands.

I'm going to wait til the morning.

I'll wait to the evening after that.

I'll keep waiting, because firstly, I know this is an aberration, a temporary feeling. And secondly, I know that beyond, and beneath the first, I want to live.

Certitude.

Solidarity.

People like me survive. It is a habit, hard-learned.

Learn the habit.

Why give up when you know that the worst life can offer you will always trump death?

Don't give up.

---

And I'll see you all in the morning.

And a proleptic thankyou for the fact that I will be here in the morning.

You are all rare stars in the firmament.

13 comments:

Ana said...

I'm glad you know Dawn is the answer.
Love,
Ana

Terra Incognita said...

Hey D,
thinking of you.
Email me if you think of it.

Abysmal Musings said...

Thanks both. I'm ok. These things come out of the blue sometimes.

Immi said...

I have the habit too.

colouredmind said...

This is beautiful, the ongoing, the waiting, the tomorrow. It works, its beautiful. Hannah X

Abysmal Musings said...

Thank you everyone.

Marian said...

Beautiful, yes. The beauty of human suffering.

Abysmal Musings said...

I don't think suffering is beautiful.

Sometimes the human response to suffering, or the articulation of suffering, may in certain circumstances, be judged aesthetically; but of course there are many more circumstances in which it would be unforgivable to judge someone's communication of suffering in terms of beauty/ugliness. Intention, or permission comes into it in a moral sphere - does the sufferer admit judgement? Else its awful bad taste.

First thoughts. I need a coffee.

Abysmal Musings said...

I still appreciate the compliment, mind!

Marian said...

Yep, that was what I had in mind. I was actually a bit ironical. Sorry for that. (But the form here, nevertheless, is beautiful. :) )

Marian said...

"ironic" it is. Sorry for that, too.

Abysmal Musings said...

It's alright - no need to apologise. Re irony - impossible to gauge, and too dangerous to second guess.

Take care,

D

Abysmal Musings said...

That said, I'm sure I have a tedious blogpost called "The Aesthetics of Suffering" up my sleeve if I can be bothered. :-)