Saturday, 10 January 2009

Used Labels Going Cheap

μελαγχολία, μανία, μαίνομαι, malikhuliya, melancolia, melancholia, mania, melancholia phrontis, melancholia moria, melancholia saltans, melancholia errabunda, melancholia silvestris, melancholia furens, melancholia enthusiastica, melancholia, ecstasis melancholia, mania melancholia, athymia melancholico-maniaca, melancholia agitans, melancholia activa, angstmelancholie, mania melancholia, melancholique maniaque, melancholia mixta catholica, folie circulaire, tristimania, lypemania, vecordia melaena, melancholia periodica, melancholia of circular insanity, melancholia of the age of involution, involutional melancholia, manic-depressive insanity, manic-depressive illness, bipolar disorder... you get the idea...

8 comments:

LoopyKate said...

Yeh - I do!
Don't they all just suck donkey balls!
K.x

Hannah said...

I like some of the earlier ones, can I have one of those?

differentlysane said...

Is this like industrial rebranding? Same product, new label, twice the price?

Personally I am either going to vote for Eeyore-Tigger Disorder or Emotionally Challenged :-) . Now don't they sound nice and sufficiently fluffy?

La-reve said...

Hi, just popped by and thought I'd comment- I like 'melancholia of circular insanity' got a nice ring to it don't you think. Labels, sometimes I have more labels than a supermarket aisle. Maybe we could have a bring and buy- a big swap shop for diagnostic criteria and labelling.

Lola Snow said...

This is a great idea. I'm not fond of being one with an "eating disorder" can I swap it for your "malikhuliya"? I also have some Borderline traits that I'll throw in for free.

Lola x

Abysmal Musings said...

Kate, they do? :-? oh I see, not literally... Hannah, be my guest! Differently, I laughed at the rebranding remark. La-reve: the Merry-Go-Round from Hell methinks. Lola, no takers on malikhuliya yet, so take it away!

Thanks all. Bagsy melancholia agitans.

LoopyKate said...

P.s. Is that the same one as M. agitatas (my species-of-choice right now)? An older or newer latin tag?
K.x

LoopyKate said...

I meant agtitatis - too agifuckintated to spell proper.!
K.x