Friday, 13 February 2009

A Year Ago

Either tomorrow, or the day after, or the day after that... sorry I can't find the diary... but I tried killing myself with the rope round the neck. I can't believe now that I was in that state. It's one thing to propel your carcass over a parapet and catch yourself on at the last second - and another to numbly put the apparatus in place for extinction.

But let's forget about all that, because it's gone, pffffffffffhhhh blown off the palm of my hand like the dirty cobweb memory it is now. Pfffffffffffffffffffhhhhhhhh. (Taking a bit more blowing I'm afraid.)

Ok, that's that gone.

Btw happy birthday to my ma tomorrow, and my da the day after.

A platonic photo for all of you on Valentine's Day - the print is probably 19th Century - very slim chance it's C18th. Go to large size and look near the peg. K and I were stripping the roof of a very cute Norman tower, and found this stuck to a tile... and it blew away in the wind as we looked.

The heartfelt and melancholy intentions cry out over centuries.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

very special

Hann xxx

Terra Incognita said...

Still glad you're around.
((D))

Abysmal Musings said...

Thanks all

differentlysane said...

Hope you're well. Can't really think of anything else to say.

Take care,
Differently

Ruby Tuesday said...

I had an anniversary like that recently and it was a weird, mixed feeling. I'm glad that you're still around.

That photograph is lovely. x

Abysmal Musings said...

Thanks all. I can't believe how stupid I was. But it's raw enough to remember how stupid I was, and to understand it, though it makes no sense.

Appreciate all the well wishes, take care all, D x

LoopyKate said...

Oh look - I've gone and missed everyone's posts this weekend. Just catching up now.
The things we do eh? The sense they never seem to make at other times.
Sometimes I wonder what good memory serves - the memory of certain events at any rate. Remembering how stupid I have been has not prevented subsequent stupidity as logical learning theories suggest it ought.
I too am glad the noose didn't claim you.
K.x