Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Off to See the Shrink

And I wish I wasn't feeling angry, nervous, agitated, but I am. I don't know why. Well I do - it is because I don't know what tack I'm going to take, what lies I'm going to make, what state I'm going to fake - hell, I don't even know if the last psych has been rotated and there will be a new one, or if it will be the young boy so wet behind the ears the vernix is still clinging to him. I just want to be shot of them all. Which of course is liable to be interpreted as 'illness'.

Oh god, wish me luck.

What a strange, demented feeling it gives me when I realise I have spent whole days before this inkstone, with nothing better to do, jotting down at random whatever nonsensical thoughts that have entered my head. Yoshida Kenko, circa 1330

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Good luck D

:>)

Lola Snow said...

God I hope it went well. I have never had the outcome I have wanted with shrinks. I have either come across as too normal and therefore attention seeking, or a ball of anxious energy distracting from any problem I want to discuss. Fingers crossed for you

Lola x

Abysmal Musings said...

Thanks both - more detail here.