Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Good News!

After two months of occasional throwing on the wheel, I made the first pot I like, in the shape I wanted. If I don't balls it up putting a handle on it tomorrow, I'll post a picture.

Other news: I've been in a strange mood recently. I've been too up for my own good for weeks now - but irritable and black ups more than anything. Hiding in the shed playing with clay seems safest. But makes me feel like I'm back at primary school (or art college) (delete as applicable ha ha). No I've never been to art college - what do you take me for? :-)

But this mood - everyone says I'm detached and distant - well if so it's because there is too damn much flying around my head. It's not me that's doing it. It seems like a natural safety-clamp-down imposed by some guardian angel of the valves. I am silent and taciturn because one word too many would broach the dyke. It's doing K's head in, but I can only shrug and apologise.

La has given me an idea for a post. I don't know when I'll write it. But it'll be on the good and bad of being a so-called responsible adult with a family, and how it helps and hinders this stupid moronic mind I've inherited. I will try and write it, but I wince at the cons. Though the pros are good too, but not good enough to outweigh the cons.

As for me, I'm drifting, floating, my troubles seem demagnified at the moment - I'm too high up, and I'm in that universe where I am untouchable. It's like that feeling in one of my very first posts on here, without the visceral hallucinatory experience to go with it. It's like the strength - (negative strength?) - that that careless, devil-may-care, untouchable, safe, nothing can harm me because I am gossamer and nothing feeling gives.

As for oink-lurgy - and for all of you freaking out over it - I hate to say it - but part of me (as always) looks forward to a complete disaster. A very selfish part of me of course. But fear not, I'll volunteer to get it first with all my pretty chickens and their dam.

Take care all,

Dx

3 comments:

Abysmal Musings said...

Edit - the fact that making a decent pot seems like good news is simply because one takes the good where one finds it. Simple things please simple minds, etc.

Abysmal Musings said...

p.s. what a fucking day.

Abysmal Musings said...

I'm obviously very boring these days.

(echo: you're obviously very boring these days)

(echo: echo: you're obviously very boring these days)

Well fuck it - if I'm boring then that's a good thing. I'm not fucking knocking it.

Take care all, love as always, D