Thursday, 28 May 2009

Impossibility of Hitting Moving Targets

Mixed states are often described as combinations of extremes. They never take into account the murky areas where one aspect moves through normality while others stay the same. See below for a tongue in cheek list of possible states, allowing for the three concepts of mood, flight-of-ideas and psychomotor scored with 1, 0, & -1. No wonder I can never exactly say where I am.



Suggestions for amusing names for substates eagerly awaited all agog and bated breath.

Maybe



+



would be easier?

3 comments:

A Nutt said...

Naw - you can't fool me. I recognise those medical instruments. My trick cyclist used them to diagnose me and he still uses them to prescribe my medication. Except, I noticed the coloured round board in my trick cyclist's office spins around at the centre.

differentlysane said...

Awesome! (The chart, not necessarily all the mood states). Can I use this as a shopping list?

As for names they need to be incomprehensible, unintelligible, unpronounceable and completely unrelated to what they describe - otherwise they won't be like *real* psychiatric terms at all...

Take care,
Differently

PS "The decision wheel" (or dartboard) can also be used to decide on medication regimes...

Abysmal Musings said...

Thanks both. Differently, feel free to do with it what you will.