Monday, 11 May 2009

Nothing to Report

Which is a delightful feeling.

Have long and rambling post in mind about living daily with death, or dying daily in life, but that might get written tomorrow. (As if it matters...)

On a much brighter note, I'm still planning on trying to organise a weekend party in the Welsh sticks (yeah, yeah, a doomed endeavour, but one must still attempt even the doomed). Watch this space.

But I'm yawning, so I'm going to go to bed. And it's not even four o'clock.

Keep safe all, Dx

edit - I remembered I was going to post this for your pleasure.

There is a scene in Tarkovsky's 'The Sacrifice', where Otto the Postman looks at Leonardo's Adoration of the Magi, and mutters something like "I find Leonardo quite terrifying." Quite so.



Click on it for big. Night Dx

4 comments:

Marian said...

The Sacrifice - I just loved that film. Watched it in 1986 at a festival. Offret, the original. A masterpiece.

Abysmal Musings said...

It's super isn't it? Tarkovsky uses Bach so shamelessly - the tears start rolling with the first notes of Erbarme Dich Mein Gott.

Marian said...

A synthesis of sight and sound throughout the film, otherwise rarely achieved to this perfection. Sven Nykvist was a genius, he too. One of the films, that I didn't watch, actually, but that almost erased "me", and took over.

Abysmal Musings said...

http://diffthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/05/offret.html Thanks Marian.