Wednesday, 6 May 2009

This Blog is a Selfish Blog

It is, isn't it?

I use it so I can keep track of myself.

I try to help people when they are in holes.

But I don't really post anything worth posting.

I nearly went and deleted it an hour ago.

But then I realised what I use it for. Hence the title for the post.

There is one thing I'm scared of: being eaten by a dinosaur.

Actually, that's a lie. I'm scared of being eaten alive by anything. It's the having your nose rubbed in the shitty smell of dumb existence in your final moments that scares me.

And as for hell. I hope it's as horrible as we were taught as bad catholics. Otherwise it's going to be exceedingly dull.

I'm ok. I'm flying. But I'm Oh Kay (said Arthur with a sigh).

5 comments:

Terra Incognita said...

I deleted my blog because I couldn't keep up with it. It was meant to draw people in, but it fell short every time. And I couldn't bring myself to talk about the truly personal things that probably would have drawn people in. You are a rare sort, David. You are not selfish, as much as you may think. It comes out in all of your writing how very much you aren't.
All my best to you and your family.
xo

Abysmal Musings said...

Take care Terra. I still think it's selfish, though I may give more than I feel I take with my horrible inopportune ramblings. Have to settle the score somehow!

We'll keep in touch nonetheless I hope.

My best to you and yours too. D x

Abysmal Musings said...

p.s. you were very kind to me when I first started blogging. I'll not forget that. Love Dx

Hannah said...

I thought these blogs were supposed to be selfish? or does that make me a bad blogger? ha! who cares I'll write what I like on my blog!

Abysmal Musings said...

Just came back to this one. What I meant was that this blog is selfish because I use it purely selfishly. Whether or not I'm a selfish person (and most people tell me I'm the opposite) doesn't really change the nature of the blog.

I use it (perhaps use should be in capitals) as an outlet for the pressure in my head. I try to be sensible and not write stuff that will set others off, but since I began, I stuck the disclaimer up to warn people that I often do end up posting jangly stuff.

I find it very hard to walk past someone who needs a kind word. I was a kid who would pick up shopping for old people when they dropped it, etc, I stop in the middle of the road when driving to let pedestrians across, holding up the traffic behind, christ-sake I even hold doors open for men as well as women. (Sometimes I get stuck there until I have a rage-fit and either barge back through myself or just give up when there is a two second gap.

I'm only human after all :-)

And Hann - I agree with that to the end of anything you care to name that's huge and has and end to it. (I always thought the phrase to the end of eternity was rather puerile). D x