Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Fashion, Swimming, Butterflies and Pupae, and Safe Travelling

Hmm. What on earth does that title mean? Have I really forgotten already? Oh yes.

Fashion. Why oh why am I fated to be a trend-setter? I bought some speedos a few years back. Next thing I knew, James Bond was wearing them. Mine are too small. I don't know who they design them for, and I'm not bragging about my packet, but they are frankly embarrassing and indecent. Now I hear the new Doctor Who wears tweed jackets and black jeans. The bastard! I shall have to change my wardrobe, again.

Swimming. Went to see family in Devon at the weekend. Went over to Dawlish Warren, and swam a couple of times. Lovely waves. The sort that when you get out to tiptoenoseafloat rear four feet above your head and block the view of the shore. And this flock of smashed-glass white birds came skimming between them past my head and back again. I must try and find out what they were. They looked as if they were made of shining triangles. Knife birds.

Butterflies, Pupae. We are like butterflies that live a score of lives. Hatch from pupal state, fly, fly, fly, die, and in the wet ashes of an old fire in the hearth of a ruined house, we lie in the lye, but never die. So many things I've been, so many I hope I'll be.

Safe Travelling... to all who are braving the Abysmal Party.

Take care all, Dx



(caption: "They've nicked my effing cross!")

2 comments:

Morte said...

My wardrobe is generally all black, though I've ventured into colours recently with amusing results.

See you Friday, take care.

differentlysane said...

"We are like butterflies that live a score of lives. Hatch from pupal state, fly, fly, fly, die, and in the wet ashes of an old fire in the hearth of a ruined house, we lie in the lye, but never die. So many things I've been, so many I hope I'll be." - I like that, a lot.

Safe traveling to you too.

I've always considered my dress sense as normal, non-fashionable, comfortable, A friend recently told me it was "bizarre, and just a bit strange". I've still not figured out what she meant by that, since I was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans at the time...

Take care,
Differently