Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Refusing to Freak Out So Funny Story Maybe.

I was thinking... I have gone commando since 1990. Come May next year that will be twenty years. It's probably more than half my life, in fact it definitely is.

It's in my mind because I'm wearing pants today. Or, so to speak, an old pair of K's boxer shorts from a long time ago. I had to get some x-rays done of my spine. It only takes the first time one has too see someone for something medical after a long time without seeing those bloody white-coated people, when the little petite Chinese lady says take your trousers off, and you begin, and then remember you haven't worn pants for a decade or so. She smiled and nodded very nicely and gave me her handkerchief to preserve my modesty.

But what I can't quite get my head around tonight is that (although I never have, honest!) I keep feeling the sensation of wearing underwear, and it makes me think I'm wearing women's underwear, and then it strikes me, actually, I AM wearing a woman's underwear!

Christ on a bike the things that keep me awake!

p.s. And when I was at the physio the other day, with K and youngest son, and had put K's boxers on for the occasion, dear Lucinda (may her name be cherished - she was lovely) was worried that I'd be offended if someone walked past with me in my pants. Although according to K, while I was demonstrating my 'exercises' everything fell out. Maybe I need a Borat Thong.

6 comments:

Lola Snow said...

Thank you for this post. It made me smile, and that is a rare thing these days. Sorry it had to be a smile at your misfortune though! Hoping things get better for you all soonest.

Lola x

la said...

At least we know what to get you for Christmas.

Also, David using a term coined by the popular US sitcom Friends. My mind has been blown.

Borderline Lil said...

Now that'd be a photo worth taking - would love to see you in a Borat thong D. So nice you can still smile :D

Hannah said...

Oh my! I'm giggling!! ;o)

Mossy Mom said...

What is it about going outside and taking your clothes off? Yes I've been there.

David said...

I don't know, but I'm sure there is a good thesis in there for someone.