Friday, 5 March 2010

I Am Better I Think Than A Year Ago

Hard to tell really, with the Spring pressing hotly against my eyes.

Last year was a shit time. The taxman was taking me in every orifice. I must confess it sent me into la-la land, but not as badly as the spring before.

At the moment I feel like a pan of milk at the moment when the surface starts to dance and quiver before boiling up in the pan. I hope I've poured myself into a big enough pan this year. (Every year I weld more onto the pan of myself. I use common sense for rivets, and resignation for solder.)

And just want to say, after having cast my eye on my troubles 12 months back - you are all a lovely bunch. Thank you. Dx


3 comments:

Kate said...

Like the milk-pan metaphor. Rings true with me at any rate.
After hours of bubbling, mine tends to form a thick skin. Followed sometime later by a dark sediment encrusted on the bottom!
K.x

Mossy Mom said...

Doesn't it feel nice to feel better? I'm glad you're feeling better. I too am doing better than I was last year at this time.

La-reve said...

Well I think I'm doing a bit better - as was in hospital from march 19th lst yr.
Glad you are doing better. It's about discovery really. No cure. Just adaption and re-routing of life's little challenges. x