Monday, 8 March 2010

Spring Is In the Air, aka Love/Lust

Tangleweed has a superb post up. It deals with that so-called symptom of hypersexuality (spits), and much more besides. I thought I'd set down some thoughts on how I see that urge.

Firstly, (and speaking from the male point of view) the balls are at the seat of things. But personally, the effect upon the self is an unbridled generosity, above all else.

Secondly, our innate (and all too familiar) control transmutes mindless lust into friendly love - the love of our fellows - the love of everything living and growing on the surface of the earth - the love of just living, and all others living here with us.

Thirdly, an immense spreading and smearing of boundaries takes place. Selfishness evaporates, leaving behaviours that are selfish from the viewpoint of wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc. I believe this to be all part of the general merging of meaning that can take place during high episodes.

Fourthly, that selflessness is, I believe, a key sign for me, personally. It involves a general shedding of the self, and all the ties of the self. It is a dangerous sign.

Fifthly, I don't believe we stray more or less than so-called sane people. I think the infidelity streak is shameless in its profligacy and choosiness.

Sixthly, I have always been faithful, though tempted more times than I care to number.

And last, but not least, I believe the generous impulse here defined is a fine flag fluttering at the top of the mast of whatever passes for humanity today in this world: love, and try to do no harm. If only it was so simple in real life. But it will pass muster, as an ideal to live up to.

Take care all, Dx

4 comments:

Kate said...

'Thirdly, an immense spreading and smearing of boundaries takes place. Selfishness evaporates, leaving behaviours that are selfish from the viewpoint of wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, etc. I believe this to be all part of the general merging of meaning that can take place during high episodes'.
- quite. I was wanting to say something along those lines too (without coming over oh-so-hippie-ish) but it was a race to the finish when I realised pots hadn't been washed/homework checked/ baths run - you know the drill. Infact I was even considering a follow-up post about the boundary-blurring and dissolution I still might, but, as ever, you've said it far better - and more concisely - than I could (although perhaps I could take it a bit further. Afterall - there's none here to give me a slap). So thanks for that - and the lovely compliment.It's helped me feel just a little less like a pile of turds this morning (just wish the bloody pendulum would wind down and stay put somewhere between for 5 minutes).
Everyone should write an amatory post. In my opinion. Like the ground outside, the blogosphere seems a little frigid at the moment.
Bless it.
K.x

David said...

It's a tricky one to get into words, because that sensation 'smearing' etc, goes into a realm that seems to exist beyond words.

Black=white, good=evil, strange=familiar, are all good starting points. They make no sense when sane, but perfect sense when flying. Dichotomies that are impossible become things that could be achieved. 1=2.

It's ok, so long as one doesn't apply that maths when driving down the road at 70, and wondering why everyone else is so slow. Until you remember the x2 factor.

Amatory posts are a pleasant boon in the blogosphere I think. I second the motion, wholeheartedly. It is the spring, after all.

All boundaries blur though. I've had it when air seems water and earth seems sky. But keep on left right left right and we'll all be alright.

Dx

Scream said...

Funny, I just can't relate. I fear and loath everyone when I am manic. But when I am alone and naked and manic in the mountains then I love the universe and am one with it.

Scream said...

Dogging? Never hear of that. It sure sounds fun though. Oh my spring must be in the air.