Friday, 5 November 2010

Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis, Blockage, Further Synthesis, Murder

1st person: The cause is 'a'.

2nd person: No, the cause is 'b'.

1st: In that case, there must be a cause 'c' that encapsulates both our positions, and explains the disparity between our views.

2nd: No, the cause is 'b'.

1st: But listen, 'c' explains why you think 'b' and I think 'a' - it explains why we both feel differently.

2nd: Fuck off and stop torturing me! It is 'b'!

1st: You are refusing to accept that I have a viewpoint that forces you to think more widely than your defensive position. In effect, you are denying I exist, in an attempt to shore up your own existence. Call this position 'd' - it attempts to explain why you refuse to see that 'c' reconciles the discordance of 'a' and 'b'.

2nd: [stabs 1st] It's 'b'! 'b'! 'b'!!! you fucking bastard! Now leave me alone!

2 comments:

amadblog said...

Entertaining 1ST

David said...

Yet I can hardly blame 2nd.