Saturday, 23 November 2013

Come and See.

"And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

Revelation 6:7-8.
Well, at long last they have hunted me down, and I have my ATOS medical in a week and a half. I thought I would treat the prospect with something approaching equanimity, yet I have found that it has inspired a very concentrated anger. To try to be well, and to be judged on how not-well. To know that every positive that has taken hard work and effort counts against you. To be weighed in a skewed set of grocer's scales, where good is bad and bad is good. To be honest, it makes me want to embody destruction. On the other hand, if there is anyone who wants to give a very talented man a job, and doesn't care about knowing that he will probably only be functional for 50% of the year, and requires a full year's pay, then feel free to contact me.

No comments: